Fleet 105 and the Bloomington Yacht Club are pleased to host the 2019 Force 5 North American Championship in beautiful southern Indiana. The regatta will be held May 16-18, 2019. There will be welcome aboard activities on the prior days and a practice race on Wednesday, May 15. As always, you are welcome to come early and take in some of the charm of the area.
May 15th- May 18th
Bloomington Yacht Club
NOTICE OF RACE
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
- The prescriptions of the United States Sailing Association (US Sailing) national authority will apply.
- The prescriptions of the Force 5 Class Association will apply.
2 ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- This regatta is open to all boats of the Force 5 class.
- Competitors must be members of the Force 5 Class Association to participate. They may sign up at the Event if they are not already a member.
- Competitors may register by sending an email to Marty Schilke at email@example.com . Pre-registration is encouraged. Payment will be collected during registration/check-in at the event (See “Schedule”).
- An entry fee of $100 must be paid when you register/check-in at the event.
- All competitors must have a current Force 5 Class Association membership. See class website for info.
- Extra meal tickets may be purchased for non-competitors at registration/check-in
- Wednesday, May 15th
- 1300 First Warning Signal for practice race
- 1800-2000 Competitor Registration/Check-in
- Thursday, May 16th
- 0800 Competitor Registration/Check-in
- 0900 Competitors Meeting
- 1030 First Warning Signal
- Friday, May 17th
- 1030 First Warning Signal
- 1500 No race started after this time
- 1700 Awards
- The number of races scheduled each day will be weather dependent, and at the discretion of the race committee.
- The schedule for pre/post-race meals and social activities will available prior to the event.
5 SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
- The sailing instructions will be available at registration/check-in.
6 VENUE AND COURSES
- Races will be on Lake Lemon, generally within a half-mile of the Bloomington Yacht Club. Bloomington Yacht Club, 8911 E Sail Away Ln, Unionville, IN 47468
7 THE COURSES
- See Sailing Instructions for course details.
- Three (3) races are required to be completed to constitute a series.
- Scoring will be in accordance with RRS Appendix A.
- If five (5) or fewer races are completed, each boat’s series score shall be the total of her race scores with no score excluded.
- If six (6) or more races are completed, each boat’s series score shall be the total of her race scores with her worst score excluded.
- The top finisher for the event will be recognized as the 2019 Force 5 North American Champion.
- Awards will be made to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th places.
- Award to top “Challenger Division” participant. The Challenger Division is comprised of those competitors who have not placed in the top five of a Force 5 North American Championship, a Force 5 Midwinter event or has not won the Challenger Division previously. Participation in the Challenger Division is voluntary and must be declared at check-in.
- Other Awards maybe given at the discretion of the Race Chairman.
10 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta. Competitors will be required to sign a waiver and release at check-in.
- Competitors are welcome to camp at the Bloomington Yacht Club facility. Restrooms and a shower are available. You are welcome to come early and camp all week. If you will be arriving early, please let someone on the contact list know so we can make sure the club facility is open for you.
- There are also hotels and motels in nearby Bloomington and Nashville, Indiana. There are also many short-term rental homes in the area. You can find most of them on vrbo.com or Airbnb.com. Below is a list of other rental options:
12 Charter Boats
- Charter boats may be available for the event. For more information contact: